A Saudi-Arabia-based online platform YaSchools secured a $600,000 investment from a group of angel investors. The investment will be used to accelerate the expansion of YaSchools into the Middle East, North Africa, and Turkey region, beginning from Jordan.
It’s worth noting that the target market of YaSchools is around 56 million students at 270,000 schools generating $110 billion. With an ever-expanding clientele base, YaSchool is on the road to becoming one of the fastest-growing startups in the educational sector in Saudi Arabia.
- Founded in 2021 by Mohamed Zohair, Ahmed Mahdy, and Yaseer Nasr-Aldin.
- YaSchool is an online platform that connects schools around the region with teachers, students, and parents. This platform offers a range of services including search, communication, comparison, reservation, payment, and more.
- YaSchools has a network of 2500 teachers and serves more than 92,000 parents.
- The platform includes more than 1700 schools (private and international) across the region.
- Along with providing educational services, YaSchools also provides the facility of microlending solutions that provide parents with payment plans to cover all educational expenses.
- Since the launch of its microlending services in 2023, YaSchools has received requests worth more than $40 million. This places YaSchool as a strong partner to the financing entities it works with.
Growth Prospects of the Saudi Arabia E-Learning Industry
As per reports, the Saudi Arabia eLearning market size reached US$ 1.8 billion in 2022. Looking forward, the growth of the market is expected to reach US$ 4.3 billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate of 15.1 % during 2023-28.
Overall, we can say that Saudi Arabia’s e-learning market is flourishing and will continue to do so in the near future. Therefore, it is the right time for entrepreneurs to enter this lucrative market and launch a similar platform.